Update on Miss Mya
Today has been a pretty tough day. Mya couldn't eat all morning, and the surgery timeline was essentially 3 hours later than expected. We got to the hospital at 11:00am and were shown to a prep area about 11:45. There she got her arm bands and we wiped her down to make sure her skin was clean and put her into her sweet little robe and socks. Due to the previous surgery being longer than anticipated, we ended up sitting in that room until 1:45. Our little champ was very good, pending the circumstances, but it certainly was a difficult waiting period. Mya was given a some medicine to keep her from getting worried about leaving us, and then they took her to be prepared for surgery.
She was given an IV and the breathing tube. They began the usual anesthesia, but for some unknown reason she reacted to something within the mix and went into cardiac arrest. They resuscitated her and put her on the "ECMO" machine, which is taking the stress off her heart, by oxygenating her blood for her. We were alerted about 1.5 hours later... some tough news to take. We were able to see her fairly soon after. The lead anesthesiologist has never seen this situation in such a "common" procedure (in the thousands of cases he's performed). Mya is currently in the ICU with the best people helping her. One of the nurses commented saying that we are lucky to be here in Seattle with the best people, otherwise she may have not made it; due to the severity of the situation. They have decided not to progress with surgery at this time, until they can analyze the situation further. We are in the ICU for a minimum of 2 days where they'll be testing for any possible reasons for the reaction; as many different surgeons and doctors are thinking thru her situation to find a cause. We would truly appreciate any and all prayer for our situation. She looks pretty rough, but she did open her eyes and we get to be by her at all times.