BIG DAY!Mya has been a champ today. They have done a CT scan, where there were no visual signs of brain damage. PRAISE GOD!!! Additionally with that, they weaned her off the paralytic & some of the pain meds so that she can move and wake up to make sure all of her motor skills are still in tact. She has slightly opened her eyes, but we're still waiting for her to open them completely, it just takes a little time. It's so nice to see her moving since it's been 2 days of being knocked out. Everyone is commenting on her red hair and how that firey little personality will be coming out soon! We've been showing the staff videos of her, they're anxious to meet her, awake! Once the Doctors approve of her physical movement levels, they'll put her back to sleep and we will be deciding on how to progress with surgery. Rob & I have told the surgeons that if we have a preference and if it's best for Mya, we don't want to come back and we would like her to have surgery while we're here so we don't have to recover twice. Coming back would be the hardest thing in the world for us, not to mention the levels of anxiety from all of the staff as well. So, that being said, we will have a meeting with the surgeon/anesthesia staff sometime this afternoon to hash out the best possible scenario and game plan to go forward with her surgery. Keeping in mind that there is still the unknown for her cardiac arrest situation, so they're being very conservative with all procedures. At 1:00 they're going to do a test run to turn her off of the ECMO machine, which is seeing if she can be on her own, another requirement for surgery. If she has a tough time with it, they'll wait a few more days to let her rest on the machine. At this time, our nurse (who I think is great) thinks she'll be just fine, as she's already supporting herself about 40% of the time.