Friday, August 14, 2009

7:30am Update Mya is the only one having surgery today. Because of the complexity of the situation, all of the sugical & doctoring staff have a conference every Friday. Mya's case is the first on the docket to be discussed. Although Dr. Cohen is fairly confident in his plan (he's the top surgeon of the Cardiac division), they're getting a lot more opinions on the situation to make sure everyone agrees with the procedure today. That should last until around 9:00am, and Mya's surgery is scheduled at 10:00am. Rob & I are surprisingly at peace with the whole situation, and are confident that her issues will be solved today. We'll get more details of the procedure coming up, but are thankful to have some early morning time to play with Mya and read her a few books before she's out of commission again for awhile.

7 comments:

Patti said...

A friend just shared this with me and I thought I would pass it along. Simple and sweet.
Thinking of you,
Patti and Bob

Child of my child, Heart of my heart...

Your smile bridges the years between us.
I am young again,
discovering the world through your eyes.
You have the time to listen,
And I have the time to spend.

Delighted to gaze at familiar loved features
made new in you again.
Through you ... I'll see the future
Through me ... you'll know the past
In the present we'll love one another,
As long as these moments last

~~ Author Unknown ~~

AngMomof3 said...

Thank God for your feelings of peace!

Sadie and I are very thankful for our chance to see her last night. Thank you!

TA said...

Prayer, prayer, prayer for you today while your little one undergoes another surgery. May God hold you in his arms while you wait.

kcvalii said...

A friend of ours shared your story with my wife and I and though I do not know you personally, I do know that you need prayer. My friend Mike and I, as well as my wife Cheryl, prayed for the both of you and your daughter earlier this morning. God is in control and gives to each one, especially during a challenging time, a peace that passes understanding. - Pastor and Mrs. Kanoe C. Vierra

Unknown said...

We are thinking of you today and will be anxious to hear the good news of her successful surgery. Our prayers go out to you today!

Anonymous said...

no surprise about that peace....prayers are wrapping a bubble of God's peace around you today....we love you! and God loves you, and that's the way it should be cha cha cha :)

Misses Monkey said...

I too am glad you are feeling peace today. My guess is that you are knowing that God is with you & the surgeons. I will continue to pray for you, Mya & the surgeons today. God & Peace be with you!
Meredith