Saturday, August 15, 2009

Day 12 of Our Journey
Last night we ended up moving rooms in the ICU. We had our own room previously, but we needed to change because a little girl who has to be in isolation required a single room. We are now sharing a corner "suite" with a tiny little infant who has had some kind of heart surgery. Please keep her in your prayers! She looks like she was premature, she's so small, I'm not sure of how long she's been here. We're so blessed to have a little stinker with extra chub- her size has been very much to Mya's benefit through this whole ordeal. I went home last night and finally had a peaceful night's sleep. Rob wanted to stay with Mya in the hospital. I had a lot of errands to run, so I was able to get some of them done prior to coming back to the hospital today. Funny how life continues, a bummer how those bills still have to be paid! Apparently she had a pretty restless night (so did Rob...), the nurses have been trying to find the right combination of sedatives and pain medications to keep her comfortable. They're both sleeping now. Time for rest.

2 comments:

Hilty Sprouts said...

Sounds like I had the same kind of night as Rob. Noelle was so restless and cranky, poor thing. It got a little harder to be patient and understanding at 3am though! I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep tonight at RMH. Joel's taking the night shift.

Unknown said...

Julie, it was really nice to see you and Rob today. I'm so glad Mya is doing as well as she is. I hope tonight is a restful night for all three of you. My offer stands if you need ANYTHING even if you need a friend when Rob goes back to work. I'm praying for all three of you and look forward to your blog updates.