It has been such a blessing to see Mya during the past 24 hours, her level of alertness is so refreshing. She is such a beautiful girl! I don't know if I truly absorbed the reality of our situation until last night, but after Rob & I left the hospital (we've been going home the past 2 nights), everything hit us. It's taken a bit of time to soak in that Mya has to have another heart surgery or she could go into cardiac arrest at any time as a result physical strain (ie fevers, getting sick, putting in another breathing tube for a future surgery etc). While the idea of another surgery is stressful, it's not the greatest source of concern. The bigger issue we're facing is that our surgeon team isn't even clear on how to fix it. It's a very unusual problem and because she is so small, there are a lot of physical limitations. Mya's current physical state (which is really good) would have allowed her to come off the breathing tube yesterday, but she's being left on it until they derive a few surgery options. They feel the risk of taking her off the breathing tube is high. She doesn't need the ventilator right now, and taking it out isn't the issue. It's putting it back in for another surgery that is the problem. They have to sedate her for that procedure which could cause her to have dangerously low blood pressure, which could easily cause another arrest. Now we're waiting on several top people to do a lot of research, reviewing of her tests and echo cardiograms and coming up with some plausible fixes for her little artery. Our cardiologist is consulting other colleagues across the country to see if any other teams have worked with this type of situation. If there is ever a time that we've had to rely on faith 100%, this is it. Not only for the choice on when to do surgery, but how they're going to proceed with it. We are praying for clear discernment for Dr. Cohen and the surgeon team on how & when to proceed with a fix. He will be reviewing our case later today.