Monday, August 10, 2009

Not done yet...
Since they've not been able to identify a reason for Mya's heart stopping, during the doctor's rounds today the surgeons suggested that Mya have a heart catheterization test. This is where they put a dye into her heart so they can track the blood flow to make sure everything is working correctly. They are mostly interested in her coronary arteries. Her heart currently isn't pumping as well as they'd like, although there are other potential reasons for that, but this is one test that could be executed to rule out everything they know to do at this point. Unfortunately it requires more anesthesia... and more risk. They'll put a catheter in her leg that will be run up to her heart where it would add the dye. This may not even be able to be done today since they've got a full schedule, so that means leaving the breathing tube in until after the procedure. We're not excited for it, but agree that we need to have some answers on the arrests. For a little video on this procedure click here. Mya just woke up and is more alert than we've seen since last Tuesday. Her eyes were tracking to ours and she was getting really frustrated with her physical limitations. While it was wonderful to see her focused eyes and movement, it's heart breaking to watch her deal with the pain and frustration with the breathing tube.

9 comments:

Jaime Ledger said...

Hey Julie. I'm sorry to hear of another proceedure, but know that it will give you piece of mind once they do it. I will continue to pray for your little one. She should be really healthy after all of this. Is there anything I can do for you guys?

Jaime

Patti said...

Continuing to think of you as you go through the never ending testing and procedures. Praying for great outcomes and to resuming a semi normal life once again real soon.

Take care,

Patti and Bob

Krisy said...

praying...

AngMomof3 said...

I sure hope that this new test will surely determine the cause of her heart failures. More miserable tests now will hopefully eliminate anxiety in the future...

Love ya'll.

Suzanne Holling said...

Yeah...what she said. Peace of mind will be wonderful to have before bringing her home for sure! Love you, still praying. I'm so glad you have been able to look at her in the eyes and see her little wiggles :)

Carissalayla said...

you guys are doing great, I am sure staying the hospital has taken a toll not to mention seeing sweet Mya hooked up to so many things. What can I do for you guys? food, snacks, comapany etc. of course prayers are already coming your way!

XO Carissa & Jeremy

IGOR said...

Julie...I'm so very sorry that you and your family are having to deal with all of this. You all continue to be in my prayers. I'm thankful that she's getting the best care she can get and that she (and you and Rob) has the prayers and support of so many people. Your faith will give you the strength you need...and little Mya is VERY blessed to have such loving parents and family. Hold on to your faith!

Joshua said...

Still Praying with all of our strength for a full and speedy recovery for Mya. You all have been on our hearts all weekend long. Can't wait to hear the continued progress for Mya, and a return to normalcy for your entire family.

Sawyers said...

What a never-ending stretch of your patience and endurance and faith! I'm sorry if it had to be put off til tomorrow - let us know what the schedule will be and we'll be asking for surgeons wisdom and more healing and the end of risk-taking procedures. I know you wouldn't want to come back to the hospital for catheterization later on, so as they'd say in Potlatch: git 'er dun!

I just want to hug that baby and YOU two!
Love Mom