Friday, November 25, 2011

A Major Undertaking...

Since we've been blessed with our little Kylie, big sister has had a major regression the potty training department.  It's 100% a balance of power issue, and we've done everything to learn how to deal with it.  FINALLY, after months of knock down drag-outs and LOTS of laundry and likely my worst moments to date as a parent... Mya has found a solution.  We have had a "No Peeing In Her Undies" chart on the fridge for about a month, but we finally made it work.  For 7 days, she had to stay dry, and the reward would be a Lemon Meringue doll (from Strawberry Shortcake).  Originally, it was 7 consecutive days, but it was not very attainable.  After a few days of not staying dry, she said, "I don't want a sticker."  At the end of my rope, and as a last resort, early last week I asked her, "how are we going to make this work?"  She said that she wanted me to set the alarm on my phone as a potty reminder (which we've tried 2-3 times before).  I was willing to give it a try, as her idea this time.  Needless to say, we've had a fairly successful week going to the potty every hour.  Tuesday night, we got to go to Target to pick out her Lemon Meringue doll... she chose the mini dolls and got four of them.  I think I was more proud of it than she was!  We've all worked hard on this project!





No comments: